Creating a link requires an Acorn image is published to a registry. Once that is done, links are created and managed in the Acorn UI.
Creating a link
In the Acorn UI you can create a link by clicking on the
Shared Acorns button in the upper right hand drop down.
- Enter in the name of the Acorn Image you want to share.
- If you will be sharing a link with a button, you can enter in the text you want to display in the button as well as customize the look and feel of the button.
- You can also optionally disable the run counter embedded in the link.
Embedding the link
Once the link has been generated there are three ways to share it:
- As HTML, this is best suited for embedding in a website.
- As Markdown, this is best suited for embedding in a README.
- Direct run link, this is best suited for sharing on social media or in an email.
The run counter is only visible when the link is shared as HTML or Markdown.
Viewing shared images
You can view all the images you have shared along with some stats on how many instances have been running over the last day, week, month, and year.
Once the link has been shared and users start consuming it, you can see how many times the link has been used to deploy the Acorn. You can see the number of runs over the last day, week, month, and year.